Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday's with Ginny!

Hi!


It is my pleasure to introduce myself to you. My favorite names are Mom and Memaw but most people know me as Ginny Holcombe. I am fifty-seven years young and embarking on a new and exciting stage of life.


I was in a difficult marriage for thirty-two years and have been divorced since 2003. I have three wonderful children and five beautiful grandchildren. I am constantly amazed as I look back over my life at the ways God protected me, provided for me, and prepared me to serve Him.


I share a home with my Jack Russell/Basenji Mix., Cinnamon. This little three-year-old bundle of energy has brought much joy, laughter, and love into my life. She loves and accepts me as I am and just wants to be with me.


I am presently employed as church receptionist and ministry assistant to the Pastor to Senior Adults and Pastoral Care at a church in Lexington. My job provides me with opportunities to practice my gifts of faith and encouragement. I try to find ways to assist people and to make them smile. Humor and laughter are important aspects of my ministry. I am also a writer, life coach, and women’s ministry speaker with my ministry caterpillartobutterfly.vpweb.com.


I enjoy reading, puzzles, word games, writing, research, and walking. In August of 2007, I had my right knee replaced and two weeks ago yesterday, I had my left knee replaced. I expect to be running with no pain this time next year. One unexpected result of my recent hospital stay was being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Over the past five years, God has healed me emotionally and psychologically. I believe He allowed diabetes into my life as an opportunity to improve my health and I am looking forward to doing so.


The most important part of my life is my relationship with God. It impacts every other area. I have been in church since before I was born and was saved at the age of nine. This has been a lifelong journey with many twists and turns but always with faith in God. My greatest joy is to share all that God has done in my life over the years. My greatest desire is to enable women to understand that it is not rules, regulations, or religion. It is all about a genuinely intimate and personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I am thankful for the opportunities God is providing for me to reveal what He is teaching me.


I am excited about this opportunity to share and learn with all of you as we seek to become the women God created us to be. I pray that we will be open and honest as we travel this journey together. So pack your bags, put on your traveling shoes, and get ready for a life-changing journey.


Joy in the Journey!

Smiles,

Ginny

No comments: