Thursday, October 9, 2008

Steps to Humility

Submitted by Sandra Harris Frey

We have learned this week that humility is the foundational character quality compared to all others. We must all take a good look at ourselves and discover if we have true humility. Without true humility, we cannot be humble servants of God.

Having a Humility Action Plan in place will improve upon the focus of humility. This action plan will enable us to develop having a better view of God, others, and ourselves. With a focus on prayer, devotion time, and extra perspectives such as books to help you better understand God’s nature, you will be able to successfully take action.

Action Steps: Developing a Right View of God

- I will worship God.
- I will study God.
- I will hunt for God.
- I will develop a right view of God .

Action Steps: Developing a Right View of Yourself
- I will stop trying as hard to be perfect.
- I will not tear myself down.
- I will not boast.
- I will try to learn new things every day.
- I will check my motives.
- I will obey God in an area in which I have been holding back.
- I will develop a right view of myself .

Action Steps: Developing a Right View of Others
- I will be an encourager.
- I will be a helper.
- I will be a servant.
- I will be a receiver.
- I will be a mentor.
- I will develop a right view of others .

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves.

Philippians 2:3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

appreciate so much this post... looking forward so much for the the continuing fellowship with the FATHER through this wonderful 40 day study....