Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Theme Song

The other day I was watching an episode of Ally McBeal. In this particular episode Ally had a session with her therapist discussing her troubles, fears, and blunders. Ally's therapist gave some odd suggestions on how to face the challenges in her life. Most of the therapists suggestions I don't recommend, however she did suggest one idea that intrigued me. Ally's therapist told her to get a theme song - a song to help her through life. A theme song that would help her in tough situations. A theme song.

The more I thought about this, the more I liked it. You see, God speaks to me through music. I find that music naturally draws me closer to God. So...what if I found a theme song? What if there was a song I could sing in my head that would help me get through an insecure moment? What if I was having a bad day and there was a song that would help me walk down the street with my head held high and a spring in my step? What if?

So now the art of choosing a song. I want a song that helps me remember who I am in God. I want a song that reminds me its not about me - it's about God. I want a song that will change my focus to Godly things. AND I want a song with a good beat. Right now I have two songs I'm toying with. Hope by India Arie and Pocket full of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield. Why these songs? Hope is simple, it gives me hope. The song Hope takes my thoughts off of my insecurities. Pocket full of Sunshine makes me thing about Jesus - and how he's my love. Pocket Full of Sunshine makes me think about Heaven, about spending time with Jesus. Both songs have a good beat.

So ladies, what is your theme song? I would love to hear what you come up with, please share. Perhaps it will be a song that includes scripture. Maybe your song will be a great Motown song. Whatever you choose, make it a song that helps you keep your focus on God. Make your song one that can bring a smile to your face. Make your song a song that takes your out of the mind trap of insecurities. Make your song a song that encourages you to live life to the fullest. Make your song - your them song.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks this is an intriguing idea... I love all praise and worship, but the one song and video I post and share in many places is YouTube's John Tesh's Red Rock Canyon - Breath.... for GOD is the air I breathe and I am so desprate for HIM.... in fact I wanted to post it hear..... GOD bless

Little Jojean said...

Thank you so much for sharing! I have not heard this song - so I'm going to listen to it. Thanks again!