Friday, October 31, 2008

Steps to Patience

Submitted by: Sandra Harris Frey

In a world where there are constant tasks, duties and many “hats to wear”, we sometimes miss out on those golden opportunities because we were so focused on crossing off another item on our to do list in life. We’re in a hurry to be in a hurry if that makes any sense whatsoever. Slow down. Listen. Change your pace. It will be the blessing of a lifetime. You won’t want to cross that item off your life. You will want it there forever to savor.


Action Steps: Developing Patience in the Wilderness
- I will make an encouragement card.
- I will change my pace.
- I will meet God outdoors.
- I will pray in a new way.
- I will keep a wilderness record.
- I will develop patience in the wilderness by .

Action Steps: Developing Patience in Relationships
- I will get to know someone.
- I will pray.
- I will listen.
- I will be flexible.
- I will be interruptible.
- I will develop patience in my relationships by .

Action Steps: Developing Everyday Patience
- I will practice waiting.
- I will practice going slower.
- I will practice being there.
- I will be serene.
- I will develop every day patience by .

Patience Prayer

Precious Lord,
I sit before you humbled that you have always been patient with me. After all, you know how often I’ve moved forward spiritually only to take my eyes off you…time and time again. Yet, you always wait patiently for me to look toward you once more. I want you to be my role model in this do-over of my character, especially my patience! I marvel at how patient you were when you were wrongly accused, beaten nearly to death, and sent to the cross to die. Thank you for having such enormous patience, even during the worst of situations. It’s well past time that I ask you for some of your patience to rub off on me. Thank you in advance for continuing to help me.

In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments: